Conquering countertop clutter
This morning I braved a whole inch of snow to drive into downtown St. Louis and do a spot on Great Day St. Louis, the morning program of our local CBS affiliate.
I’ve been on this show a few times, but it’s been a couple of years. I was interviewed by the charming Matt Chambers, a genuinely nice guy.
My message was pretty simple. If you want clear countertops do the following things:
- Clear out your cabinets and drawers so that you actually have space to store stuff you use.
- Assign a place for everything so that you can put everything away.
- Create two habits: Run the dishwasher at night and empty it in the morning and clean up the counter after dinner or before bed every night.
- Keep paper off the counter.
- Find an out-of-the-way spot for your electronics charging and consider creating the habit of charging them while you sleep.
Here’s the video:
I had a great time!
Tagged with: great day st. louis,