Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. What’s not to love about a holiday that asks us to express our gratitude for our good fortune? I also love that it’s about good food, family, and community.
As I have in some Thanksgivings past I’d like to express here my gratitude for some of the many fortunate things in my life.
This year, I’m grateful for:
- My family and friends. My brother is visiting from Australia as I write this and we’re enjoying a rare 2+ weeks long visit together. I’ve loved watching him interact with my husband (they are so different from one another but having fun together). I’m also grateful for the wonderful friends with whom we’ll share Thanksgiving dinner today.
- My clients. I am so fortunate to have amazing clients who appreciate the help I give and also teach me so much.
- My team members. I’ve been leading organizing teams more than ever this year and I’m continually amazed at what a group of talented organizers can accomplish. We have so much fun while making a great impact.
- My good health. I’m 51 now and am trying harder to exercise and eat right and I’m so grateful that I have managed to avoid any kind of serious illness.
- My iPhone 4S and Kindle Paperwhite. I use these two devices daily and have a hard time imagining life without them.
- Heated seats. My new-to-me 2008 Honda CR-V has heated seats. Honestly, I don’t know how (or why) I got along without them before! I love my heated seats with a fiery passion.
I hope you take the opportunity today to take stock of the things in your life you’re grateful for (and that it’s easy to come up with the list!). Happy Thanksgiving!
Tagged with: gratitude,